Wednesday, March 9, 2011

do people really read papers?


It is hardly the case when i am not on my toes at work.
However today has been a disaster from the start.
My work entails me to take opinions from all kinds of people about all kinds of things.
My stories include a diverse range of topics some interesting, others plain old ordinary.
People always told me about the power of the internet, how with a few clicks you could reach out
to the world.
I have always been a cynic. I personally never sat at length in front of the computer reading blogs. I was just grateful if I received a few comments on some of my stories published in the deccan herald website thanks to my employer.
I do not know why I have started a blog now, probably the hour long conversation with a European I met at an assignment triggered some belief in this medium.
He told me that in UK people dont really subscribe for the daily news as by the time it
reaches them, it most invariably is old news.
Random people I have met at coffee places always complain our paper is a wee bit slow in breaking a story. Half my friends do not read the newspaper.
Some of them probably do, to just to humour me and say "hey i saw your article today"
All this has left me rather sad.
Another reason probably is because of the fact that some stories never truly reach there end, because of this horrible thing called a deadline. So this space hopefully will talk about things I am generally not allowed to write about or cant voice a strong opinion about.
All in all it will just talk of how I perceive the world.

1 comment: